Monday, July 9, 2012

Not going to let Monday kick my....

It's here....the start of the week. I've decided NOT to let Monday kick my behind....I decided to let Turbo Fire kick it instead....and as I sit here typing, drenched in sweat..I know I've started this week off on a good foot! 
Take THAT Monday.

A recap of my Sunday (as I have decided to make Sunday my "non-blog" day...)...it was a pretty good day...the first part of the day was great (eating wise), and then I let my 20% out...pizza and chips for dinner (but that's ok, because I only had 2 pieces and a small bowl of chips, knowing I was going to be working out hard in the morning)
I decided that Sunday afternoon was going to be my lazy day...and it was! I was craving ice cream last night (more specifically a Blizzard..) but the boys and I went up to the store and got some Popsicles instead (that was an interesting journey....note to self...next time just go BY myself...if you have young kids you understand...and if you don't....you were probably cursing my kids if you were at the store;) 

I tried the It Works ProFit protein powder (chocolate) for my breakfast...and I LOVE it!! (even MORE then Shakeology...sorry)
 There are 2 reasons why I love it....1. the taste! It's like a milk chocolate shake...I added 1c. almond milk, banana and peanut butter) and there was no aftertaste (which I do get sometimes with Shakeology) 
                                                       2. the price....it's half the price of Shakeology per serving with all the same benefits for the most part (ok...they don't travel to the most remote parts of the earth for ingredients as Shakeology does, but instead they use regular fruits and veggies for their shake, which is fine by me)

Anyhow...NOW that I have my workout out of the way (whew hew!!) I can get the rest of my "Monday List" done...which consists of cleaning the house (as per my list) and I have an appt for my youngest, so we'll be out most of the afternoon...BUT I have already logged most of my meals on myfitnesspal.com (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/)...not sure if that link will take you directly to my page or not...it may ask you to sign in...it's a FREE site to log in your exercise, food etc...it's a perfect way to plan ahead!

Before my workout this morning I did the same song and dance...the rice cake with PB and J
Now I'm going to have my Results and Recovery from P90x, then my It Works protein shake with banana and PB...lunch is a turkey wrap with avocado hummus (yum) and snacks are grapes with cheese and cucumber with light dressing (I'll most likely pack those to take with me on our errands today)

After logging all of that in....I still have approx 500 calories to tinker around with...awesome!!
See...when you workout...you can have more calories (just need to be careful as to WHAT calories you are consuming....ice cream, not the best calorie consumption, but chicken, rice and veggies...a better choice.)

I may update this as the day goes on, but for now....Happy Health! (and Happy Monday)

No comments:

Post a Comment