Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's getting easier....

I've read(or maybe heard it from Dr. Oz or Oprah) that it takes up to 21 days to form a "good habit"....and I'm noticing that it's getting easier to get there!
no preview
After MANY,MANY attempts at losing weight, working out, eating better (only to lose out to the couch, and poor food choices...)...it's becoming easier and a no-brainer to be healthy...and I'm taking the Good Habits exit...and hope you are too.

I'm finding I'm not as worried about my eating...mainly because I have and keep the foods I need in my house! My freezer is stocked with chicken and fruit (and bacon for my kids!) my fridge has fresh veggies and fruit, and I make sure to USE them....instead of my usual throw them away (then I'm not just eating poorly...I'm also wasting money!!)...and there's no "junk food" anymore!
(funny story: this morning my husband woke up to a "sore tummy"...I found that he finished a bag of chips that was hiding in the cupboard and that was the last thing he ate before going to bed....the light-bulb above his head started to get brighter as he's figuring out it's not that good to eat crappy food...especially before bed)

Recap of yesterday (which was an AWESOME hump day btw!)
Pre- workout snack: rice cake, pb and j
Workout: Core 20!! missed from the day before!
Post Workout: Result and Recovery from p90x (I wasn't ready to have breakie, b/c I still had Fire 30 to do!)
Workout #2: Fire 30!! And even HERE I'm noticing I'm jumping higher, switching between the low impact to the medium, and still kicking it!
Breakfast (though this was around 9:30 am at this point): ProFit shake(chocolate) with banana and peanut butter...this also was my snack too because I was filled up!
Lunch: leftover chicken breast, cucumber tomato and green onion salad
Late afternoon snack: grapes, cheese, cucumber
Dinner: chicken quesadillas with green pepper, onion, mushroom and cheese....yum!
Sometimes I'm hungry later in the evening...but I wasn't last night....not even a little bit...but I did snack on some grapes for sweetness before bed (had maybe 5 or 6)

All in all...it was a great Wednesday...woke up this morning feeling strong.....today is a light day with a Stretch 40 as my only workout....I need it....it's like a yoga class...

Well...I'm off to start my day....today breakie is 2 rice cakes (stick with what works I tell ya....) and a busy day of cleaning!!

happy health

No comments:

Post a Comment