Wednesday, September 12, 2012

M.I.A....



Yup...so I've totally been Missing (In Action)...there have been ups and there have been downs since my last post. Unfortunately my weight has been one of the "ups" (and NOT in a good way)

BUT.......I have just paid my money and signed up for a "small" group of ladies that are doing the "biggest loser" challenge. Its for the next 3 months, with a weigh in each month. It's exciting....because there's $$$ on the line!!
I've done this a couple of times before...would have a first great few weeks..just to fade out.....THIS time I'm NOT going to let this happen (and if any of the ladies are reading this...don't let it happen to you too!!! Keep going!)...THIS is becoming my "lifestyle" with great food choices and excercise.

I've been experimenting quite a bit in the kitchen lately (just wish I had pictures with it!)...I find this time of season harder to eat healthy....salads don't quite taste good to me, and I'm ready for soups and warm dishes (like lasagne, pasta)

The other night I tried brown rice noodles....not bad...(even my husband ate and enjoyed them)....so they are now on my "list"
...I made it with Honey Dijon Chicken and just put the extra sauce into the noodles with veggies.
Here's my "recipe" (which really comprises of me throwing things together and hope they work!!)
Chicken Breast (use either bone in or boneless, doesn't matter)
Honey
Dijon
Parsley
Epicure's Garlic Herb Salt
brown rice pasta
bell pepper (any colour)
broccoli
onion
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Parmesan
 
Take about 1/2 tbsp olive oil and heat in a skillet. Add chicken(use Epicure Salt on chicken first) and cook on low until browned on both sides (this is what takes the longest...if using boneless...make sure heat is LOW so that the chicken doesn't dry out, but is nicely cooked)
Mix together the honey (anywhere between 1/8c and a 1/4c, depending on how many chicken breasts you are using...for only a couple, use a smaller amount, and for more (up to 6) use the larger amt) and dijon(2 tsp) and parsley.
Once chicken is cooked, pour honey dijon sauce over chicken. Continue to cook and turn over a few times to ensure all chicken is coated in sauce...I usually cook until the honey becomes a thickened sauce in the skillet. Remove chicken and sauce from skillet.
 
Cook brown rice pasta (I do 9 minutes and drain)
Add veggies to skillet with 1 tsp oil and a bit more Epicure Herb Garlic Salt OR use garlic powder...cook until tender crisp.
Add noodles, parm cheese and sauce from chicken.
That's it.

I had started doing a pasta primavera, because I didn't know what sort of sauce to put ON the noodles...just know I didn't want a tomato sauce.....and this yummy dinner was the result (again...wish I took pictures...)

Then, last night I did the same thing (minus the honey dijon and chicken and brown rice pasta) with sausage and quinoa primavera...LOVE.

 As well....I'm back into my workouts....YEAH!!! I find it makes the BIGGEST difference for me....my body needs to move in order to get results.

What's on my workout schedule today? Fire 30 and Stretch 10!
When WILL I do this?...after coming back inside with the kiddies and after they are all settled after snack (so around 10:45/11:00am)

Also...still using MyFitnessPal for tracking all my activites and meals....want to view my diary?
Here's the link...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/simplebeauty

happy health

No comments:

Post a Comment