Friday, September 14, 2012

Keep on Keepin' on!



Yup.....I'm going strong!
Ate pretty good all week (though I DID have pizza last night....but I had my fat fighter to help me digest some of it) and did all my workouts (except my Stretch 40...which became a house cleaning mission instead!)

Just finished a Turbo Fire 30 and Stretch 10...and I am STILL sweating....but I feel great!

Now... I am sitting down with the grocery store flyers and planning out my meals for the week (for me, my fam and the daycare...phew).....I try to keep everything healthy and "real".
I did also try to get into "couponing" for groceries, but now only do it for "household items" (toilet paper, cleaning items, toiletries) because I don't want ice cream, chocolate bars or other junk food items...

(WARNING: rant coming!)

I'm noticing more and more every time I go to the grocery store, that there's less "real food"...know what I mean?
And it's so frustrating because it takes me so long to get thru the store, just to get my "real" items of food....when I'm in a real mood (haha) I grumble to myself and wonder HOW these companies can say that what they make is "food"...when a lot/most of the time it's a main contributor to why people are overweight! These companies KNOW that we don't have any self-restraint...and when you put something on sale for $.50 of COURSE it's going to be bought in multiples...and then eaten a box at a time (eg. Oreos....yum those little devil cookies;)

I think the stores totally have it backwards.....my opinion...price the junk food HIGH and the good foods LOW...bet they wouldn't have to throw out as much fresh foods at the end of each week as they do now!

And don't even get me STARTED on strategic marketing and placing of certain items in grocery stores....we are all victims of the good "sale" at the end of the aisle...2 for $1 bag of chips....yet we also have to pay at least $2 for a bag of carrots....see something wrong there?...and nothing like standing in the checkout line, just to stare at chocolate bars and candy! grr....rant done;)

off to have lunch and plan my grocery shopping!
happy weekend and happy health!

No comments:

Post a Comment